Service Charter: Russell Fox Library
Commitment Statement: Russell Fox Library
Who we are
The Russell Fox Library provides a library service to the judges, magistrates, members and court staff of the ACT Supreme Court, Magistrates Court and the ACT Civil and Adminstrative Tribunal (ACAT). The library is open between 8:30 am and 4:51 pm, Monday to Friday.
Who our customers are
While the library is primarily for use by Court staff, lawyers and litigants appearing before the Court may also use the library, along with government employees and the general public.
What we do
- maintain an up to date and reliable collection of legislation, law reports and textbooks;
- hold and index the decisions of the ACT Courts and ACAT;
- cut and index newspaper reports on the work of the court;
- provide access to our catalogue and indexes, as well as some access to electronic services, and
- provide access to photocopy facilities.
What you can expect from us
We will assist you:
- in accessing our collection of judgments, legislation, law reports, books and journals;
- in identifying and locating sources of legal information;
- in using our catalogue and electronic resources;
- in using our photocopiers;
- by lending you certain material for use in Court;
- by being courteous and providing you with prompt service, and
- if we cannot assist you we will explain why.
What we cannot do
- give you legal advice;
- do any major research for you, and
- allow books to be taken outside of the Court precincts.
Charges and payment methods
There is a charge of 35 cents per page for photocopying. Payment for copies can be made by cheque or cash.
Photocopy cards are available in the following amounts: $7, $28, $35 & $70.
Location and contact details
The Russell Fox Library is located at:
ACT Supreme Court
Canberra ACT 2601
Telephone: (02) 62071805
Our postal address is:
GPO Box 1548
Canberra ACT 2601
How you can help us
Please assist us by treating all library materials with care, and returning any borrowed items promptly.
We welcome any feedback on our service. If you have a concern or a suggestion about the Russell Fox Library please contact the Librarian by phone, fax, e-mail or in writing.
If you have a complaint about our service please write to:
Principal Registrar and Chief Executive Officer
ACT Courts and Tribunal
GPO Box 370
CANBERRA ACT 2601