Paying an ACT Supreme Court fine

Where do I pay my court imposed fine?

You must pay your fine directly to the Court. Court fines cannot be paid at any other agency.

How do I pay my fine?

There are several ways in which to pay a Court imposed fine:

  • In person at the Enquiry Counter at the ACT Courts by:
  • Cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard only)
  • bank cheque or money order addressed to the Registrar, ACT Supreme Court.
  • By post along with a bank cheque or money order made out to:
ACT Supreme Court
GPO Box 370 Canberra City ACT 2601

Please provide contact details and reference to the fine being paid.

  • By phone calling (02) 6205 0000 and paying by credit card (Visa and Mastercard only)

What if I am unable to pay in the time allowed?

If you are unable to pay the full amount of the fine within the time allowed by the court, you will be referred to the Courts Fines Unit.  You may apply to the Court to pay instalments by direct debit.

For enquiries regarding financial hardship, please contact the Fines Unit on (02) 6205 4902 to discuss what options may be available to you.