Introduction to eLodgment
eLodgment enables members of the legal profession to electronically lodge originating applications and other court documents for civil proceedings in the Supreme Court and Magistrates Court and pay any associated court fees online. Sealed service copies are made available online to the lodging party.
eLodgment is authorised by the Court Procedure Rules 2006 and is linked to the Integrated Case Management System (ICMS).
To register as an eLodgment user, please see here.
– Statement of Claim templates
If you are going to eLodge an Originating Claim, you MUST
- download the appropriate Statement of Claim template (Forms 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 & 2.6) from the Documents menu (on the right) and
- use that template to prepare your Statement of Claim.
The eLodgment requires the members of the profession to use the Court-designated templates for the Statement of Claim.
The “Filed on behalf of the Plaintiff by:” details will appear at the bottom of the 1st page of the Form 2.1, and will be recognised by the Courts as applying to the included Statement of Claim.
- Why should I use eLodgment?
- How does the eLodgment system work?
- Who can use eLodgment?
- How do I become a Registered User?
- How many documents can I lodge through eLodgment?
- What information am I able to search on eLodgment?
- How do I lodge a document in eLodgment?
- What format do documents need to be in to be eLodged?
- Do users require special software to use eLodgment?
- Is there a size restriction when uploading documents?
- How will urgent applications be dealt with in eLodgment?
- How will suppressions be dealt with in eLodgment?
- What security measures are in place in eLodgment to ensure documents cannot be accessed by unauthorised parties?
- How are my documents sealed?
- How will I know if the application has been successfully lodged?
- What happens if I make a mistake in lodging a document?
- How do I pay the fees for filing documents on eLodgment?
- What happens if my clients wish to have their fees waived?
- How do I update or remove my or a user’s access?
- What support can users expect from the Court when using eLodgment?