Forms for Ordering Court Transcripts
Parties involved in proceedings are able to order a transcript of the proceeding heard in the ACT Courts and the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT). Members of the public may also apply for a transcript - provided that the Registrar is satisfied as to the reason for the application.
In December 2013 Spark and Cannon took over from Merrill Corporation, now DTI, as providers of recording and transcription services to the ACT Courts and ACAT.
The process for ordering is dependent on where and when the matter was heard.
- For ACT Supreme Court or ACT Magistrate Court transcripts or audio CD of proceedings heard on or after 16 December 2013, please order via Spark and Cannon’s Party Request form*.
- For ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal transcripts or audio CD of proceedings heard on or after 9 December 2013, please order via Spark and Cannon’s Party Request form*.
Send your completed form to Spark and Cannon who will advise you when your transcript or audio CD will be available for collection or delivery
- For ACT Supreme Court or ACT Magistrate Court transcripts or audio CD of proceedings heard before 16 December 2013 should fill in the appropriate order form from DTI (Formerly Merrill Corporation).
- For ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal transcripts or audio CD of proceedings heard before 9 December 2013 complete the appropriate order form from DTI (Formerly Merrill Corporation).
Send your completed order form (RTF order form) (PDF order form) to DTI (Formerly Merrill Corporation) who will advise you when your transcript or audio CD will be available for collection or delivery.
Transcripts and the ACT Law Courts and Tribunal
ACT Law Courts and Tribunal are not responsible for providing the requesting party with transcripts. Please contact Spark & Cannon directly on 1300 502 819 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning transcription services.
The fees charged by both companies for transcripts or audio CDs are set out in their order forms.
If parties (including the court) order the same transcript with the same turnaround time ( e.g. same day, next day etc.) and the orders are placed with Spark & Cannon within 7 days of each other, Spark & Cannon will share the transcript costs between those ordering.
Parties are encouraged to consult with one another and the relevant associate, in a timely manner, to consider whether the sharing of transcript costs can be facilitated.
If agreement is reached to order the same transcript with the same turnaround time and orders are placed with Spark & Cannon within 7 days of each other, it is recommended that parties draw the sharing of costs request to the attention of Spark & Cannon such as in the covering email sending the transcript request. Parties may also choose to copy in the other parties in their email request.
You may apply to have your fee for obtaining a transcript waived. Under section 15 of the Court Procedures Act 2004 the Registrar may waive the fee in whole or in part if imposition of the fee would impose hardship on you.
* Note: Firefox users please be aware that PDF request forms may not download properly. If the download is not successful a message will
appear at the top PDF alerting you that the PDF may not be correctly displaying.
In that case follow the prompts and open the document using Adobe Reader. If you do not have this program already installed it is freely available from Adobe.