Working as an Associate to a Magistrate and Research Assistant to the Magistrates
Associate to Magistrate and Research Assistant to the Magistrates - Administrative Services Officer Class 3
Suitably qualified people are invited to forward their resume for inclusion on a temporary register for the positions of Associate to a Magistrate and Research Assistant to the Magistrates. Completion or near completion of a law degree is highly desirable. Selection may be made from the register and applications will remain current for this purpose for a period of one year. Applicants may be contacted from time to time as positions become available.
Successful applicants will be engaged as temporary employees in the ACT Public Service at the ASO3 level for a term of one year.
- providing in-court administrative support
- preparing cases for hearing
- assisting with legal research and reserved decisions
- developing productive relationships with court stakeholders
- maintaining records, tracking files and facilitating correct file completion and
- providing administrative support in chambers including keyboard and diary services.
The position of Research Assistant to the Magistrates includes an expectation that the applicant will complete more extensive legal research under the direction of a magistrate.
Applications are to be emailed to MCTemporaryRegister@act.gov.au and should include a covering letter specifying the position or positions applied for, current resume and two written referee reports.
For further enquires please contact:
The Chambers Manager
ACT Magistrates Court & Tribunal
GPO Box 370
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6205 9562