Magistrates Court seeks expressions of interest for mediators panel
Applications close 3 March 2017
The ACT Magistrates Court is seeking expressions of interest from persons who are:
- Registered as nationally accredited mediators; and
- Legal practitioners who are or eligible for admission as a practitioner of the High Court or the Supreme Court of an Australian State or Territory; with at least 5 years post admission experience;
- Preferably with experience in civil litigation in the ACT.
To be placed on a panel of mediators to undertake mediations in the civil jurisdiction of the Court on the following terms:
- Parties will pay the mediator fees directly at least seven days prior to the mediation on an equal share basis unless otherwise agreed between the parties;
- The fee shall be $1500 (inclusive of GST) per mediation;
- Mediations will be for a maximum of 4 hours unless otherwise agreed by the parties and the mediator;
- Mediations will be held in an ACT Law Courts facility unless otherwise agreed in advance by the parties and the mediator;
- The Court will endeavour to allocate two mediations per day to the mediator in one week blocks, namely 10 mediations for the week.
- There is, however, no guarantee of any particular quantity or type of work.
Selected members for the Panel will be announced by 17 March. For further information phone (02) 6205 2198.